It’s WAFFLE WEDNESDAY plus it’s nearly pumpkin season so… obviously I made pumpkin waffles.
Michael said these were the best waffles he has ever tasted and I definitely agree! You would never guess that they’re vegan or paleo. I think people hear the word vegan and they’re kinda like “nope not eating it” which is why I don’t often use the label and I definitely agree there are a few vegan things I’m not a huge fan of like “vegan cheese” BUT this is 2017 guys where gender doesn’t even exist, I mean I think we are being forced to be more open minded ( and I’m cool with that) and saying we don’t wanna try something new, even if it’s just once, is a little bit sad. We gotta be open to try things and be open minded to understanding different people’s beliefs. One of the biggest things I’ve learnt is that you can’t be afraid to try something new and you can’t judge something before you’ve experienced it for yourself. I use to judge so many things and I was like “I’ll never eat that or do that” and I often find myself swallowing my words. That “never” is a big word that I believe holds people back too much… you got this one life- live it without limit.
“Okay Jord, HUSH now!”
*these probs don’t need that massive lecture in the beginning as motivation to try them*
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut /almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp thickener (xanthan gum, guar gum, agar agar, plant based collagen, animal based collagen, gelatin)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin then boiled
- 2 eggs (or sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 banana
- 2tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp oil. (I used flax oil but can use coconut too)
- 1tsp vanilla
- Blend the wet ingredients
- In a bowl; combine the dry ingredients
- Then combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Cook in a waffle machine For about 3 min or until waffle has hardened
You can also make these into pancakes but it just takes longer to cook.
- The best topping was definitely the cinnamon popcorn from Woolworths
- Low carb ice cream or coconut ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Cacao nibs
EASY PALEO CHOC SAUCE
Mix 1 tbsp of almond milk with 1 tbsp of honey and put it in the microwave for like 10 seconds then add 1 tsp cacao. That’s it.